Wednesday, June 4, 2008

05/31/2008 Death Cab For Cutie & Rouge Wave

Well to start out with this show was great. Both bands played great sets, and if Rouge Wave make it back to Columbia, MO I will not miss the show. Now for the bitching. It rained a lot right before doors of this outdoor show, so when I got in line at 6 when the rain was starting to die down, I didn't know I would be waiting until 7:45 for the doors to open. It understandable, but it sucked that I called to make sure the show would still go on, and was told that the show would start as normal. I would have waited quite a bit longer to drag myself downtown for the show if I had known. I also didn't get to record the show, which sucked, but with the rain and everything everyone was a little on edge and i didn't want to push my luck. Anyway, Rogue Wave was really good, but I don't know enough about their music to comment on the set list. Death Cab played all the hits, and the best moment (at least the one that the crowd seemed to pay the most attention to) was I will Follow You Into The Dark. The whole crowd sang from start to finish for this song, and really was the moment of the show. During most of the rest of the show a lot of the crowd seemed indifferent to the fact that Death Cab was on stage playing great music.

No comments: