Wednesday, February 2, 2011

12/09/10 The David Wax Museum

This was an opening set they did for the Langhorne Slim show. If you like Mexican flavored Americana music, they you will like The David Wax Museum. You have to love any band that utilizes the Jaw Bone to the extent that these guys did. David Wax is a Columbia, MO native, so this was a homecoming show for most of the band. They played a solid set that included some new tracks from the forth coming album and some pretty solid work from their previous releases. They continued the tradition that the Builders and the Butchers strated for bands opening up for Langhorne Slim at mojo's, and played the last two songs off stage in the middle of the audience. I have seen a few videos of them on the internet doing this, so it appears to be a DWM live show standard. I will say that the audience songs worked well, and I got a reasonable recording of those even though I had to stand in the middle of the audience holding my mic stand over my head. Here are the details of the show recording and the setlist. Enjoy the recording.

The David Wax Museum
12/09/10 Mojo's
Columbia, MO
SBD+Aud
Set List:
1) The Persimmon Tree
2) Donkey In My Soul
3) Jalopy Heart
4) Colas
5) Beatrice
7) Carpenter Bird
8) Unfruitful
9) Yes, Maria, Yes
10) Let Me Rest
11) Night Was A Car

No comments: