Thursday, October 23, 2008

10/22/08 Yonder Mountain String Band The Blue Note

This is my second time trapsing down the Yonder mountain path, and once again they brought the festival blue grass to the Blue Note. The played two sets again, like last time, but this time they were at the end of the tour instead of the beginning. I am not saying they put on a bad show, because they didn't, but you could tell by the faces that they were wearing down a little bit. They made mention of sickness tearing through the bus, so that might have had something to do with the tired looks from the band. So you could say that despite being worn down and wrung out, they played over two hours of great music with energy to spare. I am not familiar enough with the touring of YMSB to tell if there were any "OMG they haven't played that in years" moments, but I will say that for the night 2 hits and the entire last half of the second set. The setlist below was taken off of a setlist site that I think the soundguy for YMSB posts, since it has all the setlists for all the shows and I know that he keeps his set list. However according to my recording they did not play half moon rising. Now it could be that I just didn't catch the transition between instrumental songs, but it sounds like the same song to me all the way through. I have posted my recording on my site Lovin Live Music for download in MP3 or SHN formats. Enjoy


Set I:
Little Maggie>
Sometimes I've Won>
Little Rabbit,
Bloody Mary Morning,
Don't You Lean On Me,
Spanish Harlem Incident,
California Zephyr,
Hill Country Girl,
River,
Darkness and Light,
Picture In A Tear,
Easy As Pie,
Half Moon Rising (I don't think they actually played this song),
2 Hits and The Joint Turned Brown>
Casualty
Set II:
Dawn's Early Light>
Cuckoo's Nest>
Fingerprint,
Steep Grade Sharp Curves,
What You're Selling,
Night Out,
Rain Still Falls,
Fastball>
Mother's Only Son,
Rambler's Anthem,
Midwest Gospel Radio>
East Nashville Easter>
Follow Me Down To The Riverside>
East Nashville Easter

Encore:
Let Me Fall

No comments: