Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Robbie Fulks 1/26/2008 The Wood House Concert

It seems odd that the first show I post about on the blog about my concert goings and recordings would be about a concert I neither recorded or attended. However, one of my soundcards was at the show, and it was taped by my long time taping partner Tim, so I am going to count this and tell the world about this show and post the show on my site. This is a show Robbie Folks did for the Wood House Concert in St. Louis. Not Familiar with the Wood House Concerts you say? Well I have to say it is the coolest idea I have heard about in a long time. A guy hosts these small shows in his house in St. Louis. All the money goes to the band, and from what I understand it is really a pot luck with great music. They get some great acts if you like the alt-country side of life.
Anyway, this show is pure Robbie Fulks. He is playing solo acoustic for this one and he ended up playing 2 sets of music on the night. Some great Robbie Moments include the song he wrote for an old couple in the Crowd called Maisy and Al. Another funny Al and Maisey moment is the playing of We Live A Long Time To Get Old after initially talking to Maisy in the crowd. This show also includes typical off the wall covers by Robbie including Cher’s Believe and I Want You Back (kind of) by the Jackson 5. This is one of those shows that you won’t stop laughing at, as are all Robbie shows, and yet will have some of the best country music you will hear all year. Highlight songs for me include See Me Now, We Live A Long Time To Get Old, and That’s Where I’m From. You can find the setlists on my site. When I figure out how to post them without messing them up, then I will start to post them here on the site as well. So, come by the site Lovin Live Music and check out Robbie Fulks in St. Louis.
Robbie Fulks (solo)
01/26/2008
The Wood House Concerts
St. Louis, MO

No comments: