Sunday, August 22, 2010

08/10/10 JBM at Mojo's

This is my second JBM opening set this year, which is crazy because I have only been to two shows this year! This was the first stop on the tour he is currently on with AA Bondy, but he seemed more at ease than he did during his opening set for the Rouge Wave show. He played a total of 8 songs, two of which he also played a kick drum and cymbal during. He opened the set witht he first two songs (Years and Cleo's Song) on his new album Not Even In July. Years is an instrumental that flows very nicely into Cleo's Song. After that he flowed through a nice set of music hitting many of the same songs that he played the last time he came around. He did play a song that I can't identify from the album or anything I can find on the web, so if you can help me identify that song in the set I would really appreciate it. He also interacted with the audience this time a little bit syaing hi, thanking AA Bondy for taking him on tour, and telling us about his new CD. He ended this set with one of my favorite songs of his From Me to You and You to Me. The use of looping really expands the songs depth beyond his solo presence on stage. His live show vascilates between a wisper and a scream, and it is worth the time to investigate the wispers while letting the sonic blast flow over your ears. You can download this show from my site, and I hope you take the time to learn about JBM. Here is the set list.

JBM
08/10/10 Mojo's
Columbia, MO
opening for AA Bondy
1) Years>Cloe's Song
2) Going Back Home
3) Winter Ghosts
4) Swallowing Daggers
5) In A Different Time
6) ?
7) From Me To You and You To Me

No comments: